Thursday, January 19, 2012

March 2011 - Jimmer Obsession Take 3 [New Orleans]

The Cougars made to the sweet 16 and somehow I thought it would be a good idea to fly all the way to New Orleans to see them play!


Mike and I flew out from SFO (and man those tickets were NOT cheap) and met up with Jared and Jaren (and Jaren's friend Grant) in NOLA. We had great seats for the game and we were SO excited to be there.
Well - we all know what happened. And I don't really want to talk about it but let's just say that I was super depressed after the game. Seriously. I got back to the hotel that night and looked up flights to go home. Ha. It probably took me at least 24 hours to come to grips with the fact that the Cougars were done for the season.
Thankfully I had Mike and Jared there to pull me out of my deep dark depression! We walked around NOLA quite a bit. They took lots of pictures and made me wish I had an SLR. We watched some street performers...
Ate some Beignets at Cafe Du Monde... (so good!)....
And, of course, we went on a swamp tour! Definitley one of the highlights of our too long of a weekend stuck in the city that will forever hold bad memories for me.
We even got to hold a tiny, baby gator.

It was a fun weekend. But obviously could have been SO much better if they would have just won that stupid game. Which they totally COULD have won. It might be a while before I ever pay that much money to go to a sweet 16 game again. You live, you learn. :) Peace out NOLA - won't be seeing you for a LONG time.

No comments: