Saturday, February 28, 2009

No More Sweets...

My co-worker at work asked if us Mormons observe Lent. I informed her that we don't, but that I thought it was a good idaea. She then went on to tell me how she was going to give up all sweets and desserts for lent. And so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and do it with her. I've been having a problem lately always craving chocolate or something sweet...so I figure this will help me ignore the cravings! (I hope). And I decided to add Soda to the list of no-no's as well 'cause I've been drinking it more often lately than I like. So, there you have.....I'm observing Lent! Only like 36 more days to go...



I think I'll celebrate my accomplishment by a trip to the Sugar Shack in Canada....where sugar is the main ingredient! Just a thought...

5 comments:

Alison said...

I'm gonna do it too. You've inspired me.

willreidsmith said...

Those cookies look delicious.

Iris said...

Since I am a chocolate addict, I'll have some for you.....the sugar shack will be a great reward!

Janet said...

wow, that will be a great accomplishment! i don't know if i could do it! hey, isn't that our cookie pic?? :)

Sam and Terri said...

Apparently I am pretty good at stalking people, because I found your blog and I didn't even know you had one.
How the heck are you? You look so good, and I am so jealous of your traveling life.
And you need to tell me more about this sugar shack. I think that could possibly be my dream come true. I love candy!!