Sunday, January 22, 2012

May 2011 - Final Day in Lebanon [Ruins in Baalbek]

My last day in Lebanon, I went on a tour with my cousins to Baalbek to see the ruins. We took a bus from Beirut to Baalbek. Baalbek is actually probably only about 20 miles away from Syria.

Anyway - the ruins were quite impressive.... Here are a few pics...







This was the second location of ruins we came to....


Temple of Jupiter

Temple of Baachus



We also stopped at a winery and had a delicious lunch along the way. It was a good tour. We were pretty tired out by the time we got back. Thankfully, I had already packed because I was heading to the airport at midnight to catch my flight back to Europe.

My trip to Lebanon was absolutely amazing. I really loved the country, the people, the food, everything. I'm so happy that I went. Lebanon was not ever really a place that had crossed my mind to travel to. And I'm sure that had Jen not chosen to get married there, the chances of me ever going would have been slim to none. But now - I actually wouldn't be surprised if I return some day. Especially if Jen and Elias end up there. It was a fantastic trip! And I can't say enough about the hospitality of Elias' family! They really made the trip wonderful!

No comments: