Thursday, January 19, 2012

Feb 2011 - Jimmer Obsession Take 1 [BYU vs TCU]

As the 2010-11 basketball season went on, I may have gotten a little obsessed with Jimmer and the Cougars. I really wanted to see him play...so I decided in a spur of the moment..to buy a ticket to Austin to go with my brother and nephews to the BYU/TCU game.








We drove up to TCU on Saturday - which is about a 3 hour drive and got to town early. We ended up at Dutch's for some delicious burgers and onion rings. I mean - look at that thing! It was so tasty!

Then we headed to the TCU stadium and watched the teams warm-up. Here's my boy Jimmer...
My friend Katie who was living in Lubbock at the time also came out to Fort Worth for the game and sad with me and my Nephew Austin..



It was so much fun to spend the day with my bro and these little guys! Just love them. They are SO full of energy! And of course it was so fun to see the Jimmer play. It wasn't his best game - but he still scored 23 points and it was fun to watch some of his magic.

BYU fans were serious Jimmer fans. I think the stadium had more BYU fans than TCU fans.. And a lot of them (including us) stayed afterwards to see Jimmer and the team come out to the bus. Jimmer's cult following...
I love that I get to go to Texas as often as I do! I spent the rest of my time there just visiting with all my nieces and nephews! We also celebrated Emily's birthday!!
And of course we made a trip to one of my favorite Austin resturant's - Chuy's! Yum!! Love this picture!

No comments: