Friday, December 05, 2008

Why I need to Move To California

So...I just got back from a week long vacation in San Diego. Jaime moved to SD back in July and has been wanting me to come visit.....So I finally did. And it was great. The weather was perfect, the beaches were great and it was just so relaxing which is exactly what I needed.



Jaime is trying to convince me to move there....So every day she would say "you see...another reason to move here." The Sun, the beaches, Surfing, fish taco's, everything. It was always a reason to move there.


I had a lot of fun hanging out with Jaime. There is just no replacement for that girl back in CT. Not that I don't love my current CT friends....but there is no Jaime.

Vaca started with an awesome time at the NKOTB concert...then Reidster joined us Wednesday evening...we made ourselves a thanksgiving feast on Thursday and made Reid go shopping with us Thursday at Midnight at the outlets right next to Mexico! By the way...I have NEVER seen that many people shopping! It was insane! We were there until 5 am! ha ha..

Friday was try surfing day. Ha ha. WOW! It was hard. I got beaten up by the waves. Thrown around, smacked in the face, and practically chocked to death on the gallons of salt water I accidentally swallowed. Not to mention my surfboard also had its way with me.
The waves were coming one right after the other...and my surfboard was way to short (notice in the picture how short mine is compared to Reid and Jaime)...so I didn't get up. But it was fun..even with getting beaten up by the waves.


Saturday we went Kayaking in the ocean...which was so much fun. Then we went exploring around La Jolla and on some rocks which cut the crap out of my leg and foot. My poor foot is still in pain from being sliced.

Sunday was a relaxing day....sleep in, go to church and drove by the temple of course.


I'm pretty sure I fell in love with the weather and beach. It was so nice to be able to go running every day outside while I was there. End of November and it was sunny just about every single day. The beach was also fantastic. My last day there I drove to the beach by myself and just hung out. It was a perfect end to a great trip.

So...question is...do I take Jaime's advice and move? I think I need to at least consider it.

5 comments:

Alison said...

My legs are so skinny. I think I'm gonna be sick.

willreidsmith said...

Ok that was me, not al. Her legs are not so skinny, at least not right now. Maybe when she has the baby she'll have classic "smith" chicken legs.

Jenna said...

Yes, yes you should. I might be a little biased since I am from San Diego though :)

stevet said...

San Diego is awwwwwwwwesome. And so are fish tacos.

willreidsmith said...

I'd sure love to see what you're up to nowadays...too bad your blog isn't updated..