Thursday, July 28, 2005

GoodBye Provo! GoodBye BYU!

Last Friday I packed up my car with almost everything I own and drove off never to return to BYU! The chapter of college life has finally closed and a new chapter is about to begin. I will soon be moving down to Stamford, Connecticut to start my career with Ernst & Young as a tax accountant. It still feels somewhat weird to say that!

I guess I kind of have mixed feelings about it all. I'm ready to move on, but at the same time I will miss this place. I will miss BYU college life--the friends, the classes, the mountains, cafe rio, and even the tanner building! I'm also a little nervous for what is ahead...Trying to find a place to live, making new friends, and just having more responsibility. But I guess that is what growing up is all about.

Julie, Becky, Ben J., Ben C, Liz, Megan, Me and Martha

Speaking of friends...last Thursday (the night before I left) a few of my friends that are still around Provo got together for dinner one last time. I think when I was saying goodbye to some of them was when I really started to realize that I'm actually leaving! The next morning I got together for breakfast with my friends Myra and Becky and say a couple more goodbyes.

Then after running a few errands, I got in the car and drove off!! A long drive ahead of me and lots of time to think about what I had just ended and what was about to begin. The past few years at BYU have been a blast and I have lots of memories...but I guess it's time to go make more somewhere else!


GoodBye Provo! GoodBye BYU!

No comments: