Saturday, July 02, 2005

Camping on Canada Day!

So, what did I do for Canada Day? I went camping with some friends! We went just a little ways up the Provo Canyon to a place called Hope Campground. There were about 10 of us that decided to go. When we all got to the campsite Friday evening we went on a little hike...(which was ALL up-hill)...to this look-out area. The view was great! I wish I had a picture to show you...but I forgot my camera. After admiring the view for a while we headed back to the campsite and got a fire going for our tinfoil dinners! It took a while before we got the fire going and the dinners cooked...but they were oh-so-good! Then we roasted marshmallows, played cards, and just talked. It was a fun night!!

We woke up around 8 am and started preparing for breakfast...We had Eggs, Bacon (from Laura's Pig), Pancakes, and Orange Juice!! Yum, Yum!! :)


Here is Laura, Brian, Russ and Ashley getting ready to start cooking!!



Brian was in charge of the eggs and bacon and I helped flip the pancakes!


Here is the the Gang! From Left to Right: Laura, Fallon, Christine, Brian, Ben, Russ, Brandon, Taylor!

After we finished our delicious breakfast, we cleaned up, packed up and headed out! I drove home with Brian and we decided to drive by the Squaw Peak look-out to take some pictures...


Here is Brian with some of the scenery...it was kind of a hazy day. Oh well!


Me and Brian!

It was a fun camping trip! I came home and ended up taking something like a 4 hour nap!! :) You just can't get good sleep camping without an air mattress...and I actually think that was the first time I camped without one. After My forever long nap, I got together with my friend Julie for dinner at Costa Azul's (one of my favorites) and we watched the 4th of July fireworks. Yes, Provo likes to do stuff differently here...I don't know anywhere else that would have 4th of July fireworks on the 2nd of July! It was a fun couple of days and a great way to celebrate Canada Day outside of Canada! :)

2 comments:

Pat said...

Happy Canada Day and Happy fourth .

Kathy said...

It's not just Provo that does it differently. Oxford's fireworks were supposed to be Friday, Greenwich's were Saturday and here in West Haven they were tonight (the 3rd). Maybe it's the American way? Your camping pictures got me excited about going in a couple of weeks. Looks like it was fun!