Sunday, January 22, 2012

May 2011 - Lebanon [Byblos]

After a day at Keukenhof - I went back to the airport to catch my flight to Beirut! I got in super late and my cousin Jen had sent one of their friends to come pick me up. I didn't get back to Jen's (soon-to-be) husband's family's place until about 3am or something ridiculous like that.


I spent the week with Jen's friend Megan who came from Montreal for the wedding. We were roommates at a convent up the road from Elias' family. It was great because it was only something like $20/night.
The next morning I went over to Elias' to see everyone. And meet Elias' family. They are all so nice! And so welcoming. Jen was super busy with wedding stuff so Megan and I decided to do a little touring of Lebanon on our own...

The view from Elias' house....




Megan and I went to this little town north of Beirut called Byblos. It's an ancient port city. I thought it was quaint and I really liked it. Our taxi driver said he would wait for us and then take us back when we were ready to leave. So we just wandered around the town. Took lots of pictures and got dinner at a cute restaurant with a great view of the water.



Here are some of the pictures....






An old church


The market and stores


The water


All the fisherman





Close up! eek.


Sunset on the City.

2 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

It's amazing all the awesome places you've traveled! So cool to live it through you and your pics. Have to say that we were obsessed with Jimmer Mania as well and I'm out of control obsessed with Chuy's. I eat it non stop when I visit Austin. That creamy jalapeno dip they bring out with the chips is to die for!

Christine said...

OMG! Yes! Love the creamy jalapeno dip!! It's my fav. Hmm... I'm going to Austin this weekend. I might just have to go get some! :)