Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jan 2011 - The Happiest Place on Earth!

Shortly after returning from Athens/Turkey - Camille, Leslie (who we met in Athens), and I decided to sign up for the Walt Disney Marathon weekend. Camille was going to do the Goofy Race - which consist of doing the Half Marathon on Saturday and then turning around and doing the FULL marathon on Sunday!

I decided to only do the half marathon and hoped that my foot would be well enough to handle that distance by then. My longest run before this half was the turkey trot 10k in November and I think I did another 5 or 6 mile run while I was in Canada.
There were TONS of people! It was a fun race...but I decided that races with this many people are not my favorite. They take a lont time to start and you have to weave in and out of people if you start in the wrong coral. I was slow and I could feel some swelling in my foot - but I finished it and had fun doing it. I was, however, releaved that I wasn't crazy enough to sign up for the FULL marathon also.

Camille is a rockstar though and she ran the 26.2 - making it a 39.3 racing weekend! She's Amazing!!!! She ran the whole thing with Leslie and Liem (we met Liem on the plane coming back from Istanbul - he had also run the Athens marathon and when I told him about Disney he wanted to do it with us!).

We also met up with Andy (also a friend from Athens who lives in London) for dinner a couple of times. It was such a fun weekend with the girls and a fun to reunite with our running friends.

No comments: